Founded in 2017, the Calgary Cougars Hockey Club is a volunteer based not-for-profit spring hockey organization with seven competitive spring teams representing over 115 players from 2013-2007 birth years.
The Cougars organization offers an affordable spring hockey opportunity with a focus on skill development, competitive team play, character building and fun. Each team is age cohort specific and competition ranges from bronze to gold divisional play.
Board Of Directors
The Cougars governance is overseen by a five-member board of directors:
Director – Cougars Spring Cup
To contact a member of the board of directors, please email: email@example.com
Codes Of Conduct
The Cougars organization promotes and abides by the following Codes of Conduct:
Player’s Code Of Conduct:
- Play for fun.
- Work hard to improve your skills.
- Be a team player – get along with and support your teammates.
- Learn teamwork, sportsmanship and discipline.
- Be on time. Be diligent. Practice like you play and play like you practice.
- Learn the rules and play by them. Always be a good sport.
- Respect your coach, your teammates, your parents, opponents and officials.
- Never argue with an official’s decision.
- Represent your team with pride, respect and class.
Parent’s Code Of Conduct:
- Encourage your child to play by the rules. Applaud the good plays of both teams.
- Do not embarrass your child by yelling at players, coaches or officials.
- Emphasize skill development and practices.
- Know and study the rules of the game and support the officials on and off the ice.
- Recognize good effort in both victory and defeat. Stress the positive.
- Abide by the policies of the “Respect in Sport” program.
- Set forth a positive example by representing the team with class and respect.
Administrator’s Code Of Conduct:
- Support programs that educate players, coaches, parents and volunteers.
- Promote and publicize your programs; seek out financial support when possible.
- Communicate with parents by holding orientation meetings as well as by being available to answer questions and address problems throughout the season.
Coach’s Code Of Conduct:
- Winning is a consideration, but not the only one, nor the most important one. Players are involved in hockey for fun and enjoyment.
- Be a positive role model to your players. Be alert to the safety of players.
- Be generous with your praise when it is deserved; be consistent and honest; be fair and just.
- Give all players the opportunity to improve their skills, gain confidence and develop self-esteem.
- Maintain an open line of communication with parents.
- Organize practices that are fun yet challenging for your players. Encourage all your players to be team players.
- Be concerned with the overall development of your players.
- Represent the team and organization with pride, respect and class.
Our Guiding Principle:
To play the game is great, to love the game is greater.